Monday, February 26, 2007

Oh so broke!!!

If asked about the one thing i absolutely DETEST, it would, without a doubt, be the month end!!! "Good judgement comes from experience and experience comes from bad judgement" is what some wise-guy (pun intended) has said. Yea sure! I have learned from my poor judgements.... i now know exactly how much to borrow from my friend in the third week of the month, how to spend that so that i dont need to go back to her a second time....yea, 3 wrong judgements in a row has made me an experienced person...

Every month starts with meticulous attempt @ managing my of funds.....in and out of my a/c....everything looks hunky-dory in the beginning....but invariably, by the mid month, i find waaaay more debits than credits in my mini statements. Before i realize it, the balance has dwindled to a 2-digit figure from the handsome 5-digits @ the start of the month.

It sucks! Especialy when you are used to a heavy wallet in your pocket; when you have to think twice before buying your fav juice; when you have to do some serious introspection before ordering that extra roti or sabzi.....yea, in short, it sucks!!!

I have tried intro/retro/ watever-o-spection....to no avail....just cant put a finger on the problem. Something or the other just crops up and eats into my balance. First, an implusive trip to munnar; second, an irresistible shopping spree; third, a brand new scooty pep+; fourth, prey to habit....it just grows on you, this....

My friend (really? i gotta do some serious thinking now....) had this feeling of schadenfreude when i narrated this sorry state of mine to him.... (for the illiterates, follow this link to enlighten yourselves -
http://www.google.com/search?q=define%3A+schadenfreude&hl=en). He even hopes (secretly) that we get to suffer further by having to pay for our staple diet...coffee/tea... I'll give you a piece of mind when I meet you in person! May god help you then!

I'm delirious from hunger now & this retard has not yet returned from his cricket practice....!!! I'm gonna kill him....or i might be dead by then....


3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Man, i should say, you have real sadistic friends.

Just imagine having to pay for coffee/tea. That would be the worst thing to happen, atleast in infosys!!!

Was he/she really secretly hoping, if he/she was "secretly" hoping, how come you know? :P

I hope this blog marks an economical era in your life :P

Unknown said...

Lol...well, the bright side is...month end is almost over. :)

I guess financial planning does come with experience...although it is quite a task to keep track of where in the world all the moolah went.

Like I was telling Navi the other day...I was way happier when I din't have a bank account. Sigh...