Friday, February 9, 2007

1st Anniversay

Ok, i had drafted this on the 29th of Jan, the actual anniversary date....but due to unknown forces that held me back from posting this any earlier, here i am finishing this 10 days later........still, better late than never......

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow! Happy Anniversary to me!!!! An anniversary zara hatke :-) Today's exactly a year since I came down to India. I realized this only the day before yesterday when I received a message from the hutch guys warning me that the 1-yr subscription is about to expire. Tooo many things happened, too quick to digest :-)

The last 365 days have been one of the BEST days of my life. I remember being really anxious / not-so-sure of the decision to move out of Dubai. But, now looking back, I feel there could not have been a better one.

The written test on 5th feb, RDB that afternoon, the interview the next day, the offer letter a week later, the 4 months’ training (oh the experience!), 8 months’ production life, cornflakes & cold milk at 2a.m., early morning cabs, spats with colleagues, the celebration when phase 1 completed, the teary goodbyes when the same colleagues left the team/mys for good – infy’s been a great ride so far.

During my training days I used to think that life in Mysore outside the infy perimeter would be a big bore. Now I can say that I have had to eat my own words. I wouldn’t agree with the nickname “pensioner’s paradise”. It’s a paradise alright, but not only for the pensioners. It’s a city, whose pace will have you completely lost at first, but the same slow pace eventually grows on u. Slowly but surely, the creeper grows. Mysore’s the long breath that your lungs sooooo need! Be it eating churmuris at Bombay Tiffanys, shopping on the over-crowded D.U. Road, late night walks on the K.D.Road, the bike ride up the chamundi hills – u can feel the life in the city.

Well, you can feel the life in G2, Nehsara Apartments as well. It was love at first sight, that'll last a lifetime. A home away from home. I never thought I'd feel this comfy outside my own home. All thanks to my 3 amazing, whacko, super-cool roomies!!!

For all purposes, I am now just a RI (Returned Indian) with the N knocked off for good! :-) Nevertheless, even today, when asked about my hometown, the first answer that pops into my head is - "Oh! Dubai's a great place"...no, i have no regrets of having left the place, not desperate to go back either....but I have come to understand that there are some ties in life that just cannot be severed!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW!!!

Lovely blog, you really justified my confidence in you that you cud do better.

Amazing flow. I've been to Mysore once, for visiting the tourist sites there.. Half a day. But this blogs makes me wanna visit again and check out the spots you have mentioned.

Nice blog again. Keep up the good work. WAiting for more.

Unknown said...

Oh waisey, Don't people generally wish... CONGRATULATIONS ON your First Anniversary.

I also had a first anniversary a few days ago..a totally different kind. :P

So CONGRATULATIONS on the First Anniversary